- The Global Wrestling Alliance was started by Al Snow (who had previously promoted the Independent Championship Wrestling shows in Lima). He promoted the Bodyslammers Gym shows in 1993 and 1994.
- The two shows held in Dayton in 1994 were promoted by Dale Grow, the host of a cable access wrestling show.
- The shows held in Michigan in 1994 and 1995 were promoted by Dan Severn and run as fundraisers for high school sports teams.
- The Bodyslammers Gym shows in 1995 and early 1996 were promoted by Snow's assistant trainer D-Lo Brown.
- The shows from late 1996 through December 1998 were promoted by new assistant trainer Wayne Cryderman (Crusher Kline).
- In December 1998, Snow sold the gym and promotion to a businessman in Cleveland. A handful of shows were run by the new owner in 1999. After the sale, Cryderman began to promote shows under the World Wide Wrestling Association banner.
- In May 2007, Dusty Dillinger (one of Snow's former students) revived the GWA name and began promoting shows in Lima.